Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
What is a butternut squash?
It has a pale and thick skin and deep orange interior. This pumpkin is known as butternut squash. It is best for making soups and creams for its slightly sweet flavour. It is reputed to be winter squash, but its fruit is achieved throughout the year. Thanks to its thick skin, if frozen it can last up to three months. A healthy butternut squash soup recipe is what we will tell you today.
This vegetable is orange coloured and has an intense flavour. Its consumption provides vitamin A and beta-carotene, these both help fight disease by strengthening the immune system. It also slows the ageing process and is beneficial for an eye. Its high fiber content that helps regulates blood glucose and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. As till now you already know its benefits, enjoy the healthy butternut squash soup recipe.
With the arrival of autumn, we encourage you to use this vegetable as healthy as light, which stands out for its content in beta-carotene and potassium. The current gastronomy gives more importance to this vegetable because of its nutritional components. Also, this is easily digested, it has a pleasant taste and has the low caloric intake. It is very advisable to introduce it in the diet of large and small and in people with the delicate stomach. It provides about 30 kcal per 100 g and 6 g of carbohydrates. It is suitable for all pathologies, especially for sensitive stomachs, except that diabetics should take unsweetened.
If you learn the healthy butternut squash soup recipe, you will never regret it. It is awesome for winters or at any time of the season you may like. It has an exquisite taste and an incredibly sweet touch. Well, thanks to the pumpkin. There is no need to add milk or thickeners because it is naturally super creamy. You can also add coconut milk to this soup, as it adds a lot of flavors. The soup is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
This is a super easy recipe and also a delicious one. As this homemade squash soup made with squash, onions, garlic, cumin, tomatoes and chicken or vegetable stock served with feta or goat cheese, and chives. This squash soup is perfect for the cold winter days, or any rainy day. You can also add tomatoes in it and then, this comforting soup could also be called a squash and tomato soup; as tomatoes to help neutralize the sweetness of the squash. Actually, squash soups can be too sweet for taste and the tomatoes add the right amount of acidity to balance it out. Butternut squash tends to be available for most of the fall and winter so it’s a great squash to use for this soup. Here I leave healthy butternut squash soup recipe.
Healthy butternut squash soup recipe:-
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation time 15 min
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1:15
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Deep pot
- Baking sheet
- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeded, and roasted
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots cut into small pieces
- 1 cup celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup leeks, diced
- 1 zucchini, cut into small pieces
- 2 large stems of lemongrass
- 1 can of coconut milk (optional)
- 1 quart of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup roasted shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white wine (good quality)
- 2 bay leaves
To roast pumpkin:-
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Cut the pumpkin in half and place on a baking sheet and season with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for about an hour or till pumpkin is soft.
For the soup:-
- In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, add the butter and olive oil extra virgin.
- Add the onions, celery, carrot and leeks. Sauté the vegetables until they are golden.
- Add the white wine, simmer for a minute or two and add the zucchini, lemongrass and bay leaves.
- Add the chicken broth, simmer until all vegetables are softened and the gourd roasted.
- Remove the lemongrass.
- Place the vegetables and the chicken stock in a blender, while liquefying; add some of the coconut milk to form a creamy consistency, but this is totally optional.
- Repeat the last step until all vegetables are mixed.
- Boil the mixture over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a cilantro and a spoonful of grated coconut.
Nutrients in butternut squash soup:-
- The antioxidants found in fruits and vegetables are the best way to defend the body against disease. Fruits and vegetables reduce the risk of coronary heart disease, stroke and some cancers. Butternut squash are low in calories, which helps to prevent obesity, which is a risk factor for type 2 diabetes.
- Pumpkin is the vegetable that starts in autumn. You can easily find it in stews, soups and desserts; its variety and nutrition from the pulp to the seeds make it an ally to your diabetes. Its pulp especially its seeds are a source of fiber, protein and essential fatty acids.
- Pumpkins, like all bright orange fruit, are loaded with beta-carotene, this is an antioxidant that keeps your immune system hale and hearty and makes your ageing process sluggish.
- One of the vitamins that stand out in this vegetable are vitamin A. Vitamin A helps your eye health.
- Pumpkin consumption has been shown to reduce the risk of macular degeneration and prevent the formation of cataracts.
- Pumpkin is also a source of vitamin E, thiamine, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin C, riboflavin, potassium, copper and manganese. It is low in calories, only 49 calories per cup boiled.
Tip: Buy organic pumpkin when you can, because without it would be without pollutants and pesticides that negatively affect health. Choose firm and heavy pumpkins for your size. These can last for about 5 months if you keep them out of direct light and are not subjected to extreme temperatures.