Sweet potato is traditionally known for its intense orange colour and smoothness to prepare jams or sweet mash as a dessert; making a casserole is customary to prepare it during the end of the year season, especially for Thanksgiving. If you do not know how to make a casserole, do not worry we will tell you Ruth Chris sweet potato casserole recipe.
Ruth Chris sweet potato casserole recipe is extremely easy, if you are a sweet potato fan, you will love this Ruth Chris sweet potato casserole recipe. You could even half the recipe if you just wanted it for a regular weeknight meal. This recipe could serve about 8-10 people depending on how big of a serving you get. Try it out and let me know what you think.
Ruth Chris Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe:-
I have the most delicious recipe today! I know most of you must be saying “it’s not Thanksgiving…” but I just love how sweet this is that I can eat it any time of the year, especially on a cold winter day. Also, it is very easy to make.
- Servings: 6-8
- For crust:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- Sweet potato mixture:
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (you can use canned to save time, just drain)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl and then set it aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
Not only this, but you can enjoy the sweet potato casserole with marshmallows too. The recipe is below for it.
Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows:-
The fall season brings ingredients such as potatoes or sweet potatoes. During Thanksgiving dinner, you can never miss a sweet potato casserole with marshmallows. This garnish changes very well with chicken and turkey. At home, everyone is waiting for this time to savour such a rich dish. And that’s why we are sharing this simple recipe using natural sweet potatoes. Let’s cook!
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total time from start to finish: 30 minutes
- Number of servings: 6 servings
- List of ingredients:
- 6 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 or 8 large marshmallows caramel flavour
Place the pieces of the sweet potato in a pot and add the water. Cook the sweet potatoes over medium heat and cover for 15 to 20 minutes or until chunks are tender. Remove the water and crush the cooked potatoes with a crusher. Add butter and seasonings. Combine well and pour these mashed potatoes into a refractory. Place the marshmallows and bake until they are browned. Serve immediately.
Tip: You can use white marshmallows or vanilla flavour and add pumpkin spice if you like that flavour.
The other recipe which is the famous one is sweet potato casserole with pecan crust, try it, it is yummy.
Being creamy and complacent, this can be the easiest five-ingredient recipe and six-potato casserole recipe. You can also crush the pecans with a roller to avoid soiling the inn.
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- A cup of milk
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp of dark brown sugar
- 1 cup of pecans
1. Pin the potatoes with a fork and put in a preheated oven at 400 F ° for 45 minutes until tender. Reduce temperature to 350 ° F.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes in half and with a spoon and remove the pulp; Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and discard the skin.
3. By using a manual electric blender mash potatoes.
4. Add potatoes, eggs, milk and ½ cup of brown sugar; stir to mix. Distribute potatoes evenly in a 9 “x13” mashed pan.
5. Cover the pan with the pecans and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar on the pecans. Bake for 45 minutes.
How to Freeze a Sweet Potato Casserole:-
Some recipes taste wonderful when you take them out of the oven, but they invariably lose their attractive texture and taste when it is frozen and thaws. Sweet potato casserole, however, does not fall into this category. This succulent dish is well with the trauma of being frozen and cooked. You can make sweet potato casserole up to two weeks in advance and store it in the freezer until you are ready to use it. You should not, however, cook the casserole before freezing – thus allow extra time on the day of the meal intended to cook the pan.
Make your sweet potato casserole as the recipe heads to the point where it is usually baked. In most cases, this will involve cooking the sweet potatoes, maceration, mixing other ingredients (such as eggs and milk), then mixing the sweet potatoes with the other ingredients. There is no need to modify any part of the recipe to this point. Line a baking dish in size your recipe heads with a plastic freezer safety wrap. Use two blades; Lay one from top to bottom and the other from side to side. Leave plenty of extras on both sheets as you will need enough to easily fold over the top of the finished pan.
Pour your sweet potato casserole mixture into the baking dish. Place the baking dish in the freezer and leave it there until the casserole is completely frozen solid. Remove the container from the freezer and pull the frozen casserole (with the wrap to freeze) out of the dish. Wrap the extra plastic wrap around the frozen casserole to cover it completely, and then return the frozen casserole to the freezer. You can freeze the pan for up to two weeks.
Move the frozen casserole to the refrigerator the day before you want to use it. This will give you time to defrost before having to bake it. Transfer thawed casserole to your original baking dish, cover with any toppings directed by your recipe, and bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F until completely heated. This can take from 20 to 40 minutes.