Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you can fit everything into one dish, it is a casserole. The much-loved retro dinner, which touched the hearts of housewives the entire world, is back in a great way. We have a tater tot casserole recipe for you in diverse styles that will save time and effort as well. Go ahead, follow the tater tot casserole recipe, and call yourself a master of casserole. All you need is an assortment of baked goods, an ingenious casserole and hungry mouths for complacency.
Tater tots are a side-dish made from deep-fried, grated potatoes. They are widely recognized by their crispness and cylindrical shape. The tater tot casserole recipe is a cheap meal the kids will love. Although I recommend the low sodium mushroom cream for this recipe (since it allows you to control how much salt you want), you can use the usual cream of mushrooms and simply reduce the amount of salt that is added to ground meat if you prefer.
Quick and easy tater tot casserole recipe delicious. It is quite simple to have the kids together as they are learning to cook and fast enough for a midweek dinner. Most children especially like cheese and tater tots, and not even green beans. Stop what you are doing and add the ingredients for this tater tot casserole to your grocery list. You must make this ASAP! It is crazy good. Chicken, cheddar, bacon, ranch and tater tots, or anything you want to add! I mean, what’s not to love?
This casserole only takes a few minutes to put together. You can make it ahead of time and refrigerate it or even freeze it for later. It will be a blessing to pull this casserole out of the freezer on a crazy busy day. The fact is that if there are one thing kids all seem to love, it is tater tots. So when your kids ask for something and you are short on time so try this easy tater tot casserole recipe and knew it would be perfect! It’s nice and easy to make, filling, and kids love it! After a hectic day, this recipe is something that only takes about 15 minutes of prep time, and is a perfect hot meal for the whole family!
We will share different recipes for tater tot, follow the one that you like.
#1: Tater tot casserole recipe
- 1 lb ground beef (you can use turkey meat)
- 1 bag frozen tots
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1:- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Brown your beef and add in your onions and salt and pepper.
Step 2:- Add your cream of mushroom to your beef and onions and stir in well.
Step 3:- Next, arrange your frozen tater tots on the bottom of a casserole dish and pour your beef over the tots.
Step 4:- Next add your cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Slice and serve!
That’s it! 4 easy steps for a yummy meal the kids will love, and so will you! Another bonus to this meal is that is reheats really well!
#2: Tater tot casserole recipe
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 110 oz can low sodium mushroom cream
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat is good)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pack frozen tater tots
Preparation time:- 15 minutes
Cooking time:- 40 minutes
Total time:- 55 minutes
Yield:- 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Brown the ground beef and season with salt and pepper, while browning, then drain.
- Spread the ground beef into the baking pan. Mix soup and sour cream. Spread on the ground meat in a uniform layer.
- Sprinkle a cup of cheddar cheese over the layer of soup.
- Cover with little tater tots and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake another 5-10 minutes until the cheese melts.
#3: Tater tot casserole recipe
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1oz) package Ranch dressing mix
- 1 (3oz) bag real bacon pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 lb bag frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, sour cream, soup, Ranch mix, bacon and cheese. Fold in frozen tater tots. Spoon the mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until bubbly.
#4: Tater tot casserole recipe
- 3/4 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen tater tots
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, beans, corn, 1 cup cheese, milk, garlic powder, seasoned salt and cayenne. Transfer to two greased 11×7-in. baking dishes. Top with tater tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
1 piece: 370 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1085mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.