Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ice cream is much more than a dessert or a summer treat, since it plays an important role in nutrition, from the nutritional point of view, given the richness of its ingredients. Ice cream is a complete food, important in any varied and balanced diet. We can consume and enjoy ice cream without adversely affecting body weight and health. However, an ice cream provides nutrients of excellent quality and can be part of a healthy diet as long as it is consumed occasionally and in moderate portions.
What is an ice cream?
The legal definition of ice cream states: “Ice-creams are food preparations, which have been brought to the solid, semi-solid or pasty state by a simultaneous or subsequent freezing of the raw materials put into production and having to maintain their degree of plasticity and freezing up to the moment of its sale to the consumer” The ice cream is a delicious and nutritious product that can be defined as buttermilk, frozen, sweetened and concentrated consumable in different flavors, shapes and sizes. So, you must know how to make ice cream.
Classification of an ice cream:-
Prior to knowing how to make ice cream, you must know its classification. Generally ice cream is of three types:
- Ice milk: made from milk. Its nutritional value is based on proteins of high biological value, lipids and sugars, calcium and vitamins (B2).
- Ice cream or ice cream: made from milk with added milk or cream butter.
- Popsicles or sorbets: its main component is water. Its nutritive value is inferior to the previous ones, except that they contain a significant quantity of sugars, fruits and derivatives, which will determine its caloric, vitamin and mineral contribution.
What does ice cream contain?
Its main raw materials and additives are;
- Milk and dairy products: Approximately 40% of dry extract milk, therefore, the ice cream is another way of consuming milk.
- Sugar, honey, or glucose: Provide that sweet taste, provide energy and serve to fix aromas and give consistency.
- Fats: In addition to their caloric intake, they give the ice cream smooth and creamy. Fats can come from the animal or vegetable kingdom.
- Eggs: They are used in various types of ice cream; nutrients provide high nutritional value, facilitate the emulsion, give the creaminess to the mix and prevent crystallization.
- Drinking water.
- Aggregates and decorations: To make the presentation more attractive, are added products such as nuts, chocolate candied, cocoa, fruit or raisins, etc.
- Additives: Prevent alterations improve the sensory qualities, they maintain the quality and texture and also allow preserve the nutritional level.
Typically the following additives are used:-
Stabilizers: mostly of natural origin.
Aromatic agents: those of fresh fruits and also of chemical substances.
Organic dyes: to reinforce the colour.
Nutritional value of an ice cream:-
Currently, there are some myths about ice cream, for example, a bad food, fattening, etc. We have always made it clear that whatever food we eat properly, without falling into excess, will never harm our health so this means if you are an ice cream lover and eating in a right proportion so how to make ice cream is a must deal for you. In addition, given the diversity of consumers, ice creams are now made with vegetable fats, with skim milk, with a lower content of sugars, reduced in fat, etc.
Ice cream is a food that provides us with nutrients of excellent quality, and can be part of a healthy diet as long as they are consumed occasionally, and in non-excessive portions. In this way, it will not be a problem for the maintenance of body weight, health and general welfare as they are considered an important source of various vitamins, heat energy, proteins of high biological value and minerals (calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, etc.).
How to make ice cream:-
- 8 egg whites
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups cream milk
- 2 cups evaporated milk
Step by Step:-
- To make the ice cream perfect at home, start whisking the egg whites with sugar and when they are mixed, add the vanilla extract and salt. Continue beating until it becomes paler and with a slight yellow tone.
- While you continue to beat, add the cream (you can also find it as cream or double cream) and evaporated milk. Beat everything until thick. As you see, so far, there is no difference in the recipe compared to other homemade ice creams. But the secret we find is not in the ingredients or the smoothie, but in how to freeze it.
- We know that our ice cream will not be too soft because we have made it thick, the problem is now to prevent it from freezing. For this we must prevent the liquid ingredients from crystallizing; this happens when the air escapes from the preparation when it cools slowly.
- The way to prevent the ice from freezing is to cool it as quickly as possible. Lowering the temperature of the freezer would be very complicated, so we must find an element that allows us to cool the ice cream as fast as we can. Well, ice cubes are best for this purpose. Dump the ice cream mixture into ice cubes; this will cool very quickly, preventing the crystallization of the liquid in the recipe.
- When you want to serve the ice cream, it simply serves as serving the ice cubes, the children love it. But if you prefer, you can dump all the ice cubes in a food processor and process, then taken to the freezer again in a large bowl and you will have a delicious ice cream served the traditional way.
Now you know the secret to make the best ice cream so you have no excuse to leave to prepare yours. You can make ice cream recipes like ice cream chocolates and dessert bananas with ice cream, you’ll love. Try this wonderful recipe, amaze people and enjoy it with your loved ones.