Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
What is a Seven Layer Dip?
It reflects its name because it is a dip of seven layers (remember what a layer cake), which is usually served in a large glass bowl to offer in an informal meeting accompanied by tortillas, nachos or tacos, etc. Visually it is very attractive, as like the trifle, as the seven layers are seven different ingredients, each with its colour and texture, offering a colourful appearance and a combination of textures, plus the flavours on the plate. We will learn the seven layer taco dip recipe today.
Apparently, there are seven main ingredients that make up this appetizer (and according to how it could be served as a single dish, it contains very varied and nutritious foods), but despite this, you can put six, eight, ten … ingredients that we have on hand and like to combine.
What Cannot Be Missing in a Seven Layer Taco Dip Recipe?
Although there are many variants, are refried beans, grated cheddar cheese, avocado or guacamole, minced meat or fried bacon (chopped), tomato, sour cream and lettuce or onion or coriander to culminate. But what is said, there are many variants, you can incorporate chillies, olives, corn, chopped nachos … and of course, hot sauce.
On the service temperature, it tastes, there are those who put all the ingredients, both raw and cooked, at room temperature, and who prefers that cooked ingredients such as refried beans and meat are hot. The idea is to put in the base the hot beans and then the meat or grated cheddar; it will melt with the heat. We have not found the origin of seven layer taco dip recipe or seven ingredients, but where it is very popular,
Seven Layer Taco Dip Recipe:
This verity is that this dip is a total success. This delicious dip of the 7 layers, according to the populace is the best dip of all natural it is the most healthy, perfect for a party, meeting at home. Have you tried this yummy seven layer taco dip recipe? If you have 10 minutes this dip is for you. This is a recipe that will always get you out of trouble, it’s easy, it does not need many ingredients and some we always have at home, it does not contain meat so if you are a vegetarian it is perfect for you.
People love doing it because it is easy, fast and scrumptious. It is better to make it in a large ceramic container or a transparent bowl, as you decide? If you do it in a transparent bowl you can see the different layers, and if you want a little spicy dip then you can make a layer of jalapenos or chillies cut into pieces. So, are you ready to prepare it?
This is an appetizing dip, effortless and swift to do. Also, it will get you out of trouble when you have guests, a barbeque, a party or something to bring to a celebration. It has 7 layers that everyone likes. Did you know this dish? What do you think; you are prepared to prepare it? Surely in your next meeting with friends, you will surprise them with something different. Try it!
It can yield about 38 servings since when eating it, chips are used
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
What Do You Need?
- 1 can 16 oz canned refried beans
- 3 tablespoons of the condiment envelope for tacos
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pack of guacamole (mashed avocado mixed with chopped onion, tomatoes, chilli peppers, and seasoning)
- 1 cup lettuce cut into strips
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup black olives cut
- ½ cup Mexican style cheese
- ½ cup chopped long onion
- In a 9-inch round vessel, add.
- The first layer is refried beans sprinkle with a spatula.
- Mix the sour cream with the taco seasoning, until it is well mixed, this will be the second layer, place it on top of the beans with the help of a spatula to make the layer even.
- The third layer is the guacamole, like the others, uses a spatula to be well distributed.
- The fourth layer is lettuce in strips make sure they are not as long as this dip is eaten with tortilla chips. Always make sure you cover the previous layer.
- It is time to add the cut tomatoes, the olives, the long onion and finally the cheese.
- You can do it the night before to cover it very well and place it in the fridge until it is time to serve.
I like to do it that same day only takes 10 minutes, so it is fresh and tasty. Be sure to put enough chips on your side and a serving spoon, many people will want their own serving on a plate. It is best for a party, simply put it into transparent drinks and shapes the layers, placing the last one on the chip; you can place them on a table, so each person will have its own portion. After doing so you can refrigerate it for a couple of hours before serving it, you can save it for a day if you cover it very well, so the guacamole will not turn black so fast. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and friends.
Some Extra Tips:
- Do not use a larger container of 9 inches since the number of layers depends on the size of the container and if it is too large they cannot be differentiated.
- Uses tortilla chips as they are large and sturdy.
- Do not forget to put a spoon to serve next to the container so you avoid the pieces of chips inside the Dip and people double Dipping, as each will take the portion and chips you want.
- It is mentioned that it is usually served in a large container. However, it can, also be served seven layer dip or dip seven layers in bowls or individual glasses, and the presentation will be retained in the service of each guest and possibly more comfortable for that each one adheres, its ration to the taste.