Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Boiling a hotdog is quick and an easy for a tasty breakfast, lunch, or a dinner. All you need is a pot of water and a packet of hotdogs. You can add more flavours by spicing the water or sauté the hotdogs, once cooked. Finally, put them in bread and dress them with your favourite condiments. If you want to cook a hot dog at home, you have many options; you can grill, boil or fry the hot dogs. However, the easiest way is to simply boil the hot dog but you must know how to boil hot dogs perfectly at home? Follow these steps in order to know how to boil hot dogs perfectly at home?
How to boil hot dogs perfectly at home?
- Hot dogs
- Condiments such as chilli and cheese, onion, mustard, ketchup and dressing
1. Bring a large pot of water over the stove. Make sure there is enough water to cover the sausages. The pot will have to have the capacity for all the sausages you want to boil. Leave a few inches of space above the pot so that the water does not overflow when you put the sausages.
2. Place the pan on the stove and set the heat to maximum.
3. Let the water boil.
4. Put the hot dogs in the pot. Gently drop the pot one by one. Do not throw them all at once, but the boiling water could splash.
5. Boil the hot dogs for round about 6 minutes. This time will be enough for the hotdog to be very hot, but it will be a short time so they do not break in half. You must avoid that the hotdog break, but they will lose much lavor. If you are going to boil a large packet of hotdogs, they may need 1 or 2 more minutes. Take out one hot dog so you may know if the others are ready for you to take them out of the fire or not. If you only boil 1 or 2, they could be ready for 6 minutes. Try a hot dog in 5 minutes so you know if it has the temperature you like. If not, put it back in the water.
6. Remove the hot dogs ready from the pan with a clamp and shake them to remove excess water. Remove the hot dogs from the fire and drain them. You can do it one by one with pincers, shake them to drop the water.
If you’ve made hot dogs enough for diners to come back in seconds to repeat, leave the extra hot dogs in a pot of hot water. Just put it on a cold burner and remove the lid from the pot. Extra hot dogs will still be hot for when you eat. If you are serving many people and want to keep many hot dogs warm, keep the burner at the lowest power until they run out.
Additional taste in making hot dogs:-
Season the water before boiling the sausages. Sausages boiled with nothing are very rich, but maybe you want to give it more flavours with some spices. If you want to be salted, add ½ teaspoon of salt.
Also, throw one or more of the following spices before you turn on the fire:
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian spice mixture
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Add a clove of garlic to the water. Pouring 1 or 2 cloves of garlic while the water comes to a boil is excellent to give it a more intense flavour. You will not even have to peel the garlic, only pull 1 or 2 cloves in the shell
Try sautéing sausages when cooked. If you want crispy hot dogs, sautéing those quickly after boiling them will be excellent. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and pour a stream of olive oil. With a knife, cut the sausages in half lengthwise, then, sauté hot dogs in hot oil until they are golden and crispy. Season the sausages with your favourite seasonings. Whatever your method of cooking, the best flavour will be thanks to the excellent condiments. Put your hotdogs in the bread and then pour them your favourite ingredients.
Here are some ideas:-
- Grated cheese
- Ketchup and mustard
- Onion, chopped, raw or sautéed
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Or, try any dressing you want, such as tomato sauce, mustard, pickles or chopped onions.
Tips and warnings:-
- Frozen sausages will take a little longer to cook. Consider heating or steam cooking bread. To do this, you can put them in the oven to heat or wrap them in paper towels and put them in the microwave for about 15 or 20 seconds.
- Be sure to remove the sausages from the boiling water with the correct utensils. If one falls into the water, it may splash and cause burns. Do it with pincers so you have a good grip.
- Be sure not to fill the pot with too much water, but could overflow at the time of boiling. Be careful when handling boiling water to avoid burns.
- Keep in mind that cooking sausages on the grill or in the frying pan will get its true flavour, but it is a matter of personal taste.
- If you do not want the sausages to come out watery, dry them with the paper towel before putting them on the bread.
It is best to accompany these hot dogs with some fries and a drink of chilled cola.
Special hot dog recipe:-
- 4 servings
- 4 rustic hot dog buns
- 4 thick sausages
- 8 slices Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices smoked chicken
Time requires: 15 minutes
- We begin by making a cut along the length of the sausage, it must be a deep cut but without cutting the two sides of the sausage.
- Fold the cheese and put two slices in each of the sausages.
- Next, we rolled each sausage with two slices of chicken and, we hold them with the aid of some chopsticks.
- Cook it on the pan, until the chicken is done and the cheese starts to come out.
- Put in the bread and serve.
So, we are sure that by the end of this article you have a clear idea of how to boil hot dogs perfectly at home?