Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The fact is that a chicken pie along with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate is the perfect something or snack for anyone. Are you are a chicken pie lover? If yes, so try the homemade chicken pot pie recipe, obviously it is rich in ingredients, in hygiene and what not.
This homemade chicken pot pie recipe that we bring today is an exquisite recipe, both for its taste and for its presentation. It is a chicken pie. It is made with stuffing meat chicken and a colourful mix of carrots, corn, peas and leek. Everything cooked with a similar cream béchamel which makes a chicken pie very creamy and juicy. Let’s cook this chicken pie in earthenware bowls to make it individually or in a large pie pan, on top do a cover with puff pastry, in which we can also make some cuts that will serve to allow air to circulate.
Imagine this chicken pie, with its abundant filling, very creamy and juicy, accompanied by top pastry, very crisp. You must do it and make a homemade chicken pot pie recipe. The chicken pie is a dish worth learning to make from scratch. Each ingredient (the creamy filling, the vegetables in their point, the delicious chicken, and the crust) play an equally important role in making this cake taste delicious, and sometimes buying directly substitutes will not have the same effect. This chicken pie recipe uses vegetables such as peas and carrots and uses the homemade dough for the crust. You can do it to your liking, using for example potatoes and corn, or use turkey instead of chicken.
What is a chicken pot pie?
A chicken pot pie is a classic chicken pie typically from America, specifically from the southern US. It consists of a puff pastry with a creamy chicken filling. Here we show you how to make pie so that you can give a different touch to your dinner or lunch of any party, or to your family. In one hour you can prepare this exquisite cake, very healthy in its ingredients.
If you are looking forward to surprising someone with a special recipe, then prepare this superb chicken pie. You can use many variations, you can use what you have in the refrigerator if you do not like some of the vegetables that make up the recipe you can replace them with the ones you like.
Homemade chicken pot pie recipe:
For the filling:
- 45 g butter
- 225 g rolled mushrooms
- 1 Laminated onion
- 1 Peeled and laminated carrot
- 35 g flour
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 750 g cooked and chopped chicken
- 250 ml fresh or frozen peas
For the pie crust:
- 500 g of baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 255 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 125 ml cold water
- 2 Eggs
For the cookie with cheddar:
- 35 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 160 g cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- To prepare the recipe for homemade chicken pot pie recipe, firstly, we prepare the dough. In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt and butter with the aid of a mixing blade.
- When the ingredients are integrated we add whole eggs and water. Mix until a dough is off.
- Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours, so that the butter hardens completely.
Preheat the oven to 400 Fº or 200ºC.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. In a hot skillet add 3 tablespoons butter, sauté the rolled mushrooms.
- Add the carrot and onion and cook over low heat until the onion is soft and transparent.
- Add the flour and half a cup of broth to the skillet until thick. Then add half a cup more and spin until it thickens again.
- Next, add the remaining broth, bay leaf and thyme.
- Season and cook for 10 minutes, until the carrots are tender. We removed the bay leaves.
- Next, add the chicken and the peas and cook everything together. Let the filling cool to room temperature.
- Unroll the dough for the crust. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap. Place the dough on a floured surface. Flour a roll and stretch the dough to a ¼-inch thick circle (about 0.65 cm).
- If you want to make a large cake, stretch the dough until you reach the size and shape of the mold that you are going to use for the cake. It can be a pie, a mold, or even a pan that can be put into the oven.
- If you plan to make individual cakes, break the dough into portions that can be stretched to cover the molds you are going to use.
- Pour the filling into the mold. If you want to make a large pie, place the filling in a mold which is deep. To make individual pies, distribute the filling in 4 small molds.
- Place the crust on top of the filling. Drop the dough onto the mold or molds. Use your fingers to seal the edges so they are fixed. Use a knife to make a few crosses over the dough. If you wish, use a fork to decorate the edge around the cake. If you are making more than one cake, repeat the process until each cake has a crust. Bake the cake. Place the cake (or cakes) on a baking sheet, so that the filling does not stain the inside of the oven if it is spilt. Bake about 20 minutes, until the crust, is golden and slightly bulging.
It’s ready! Enjoy it!
The result has been fantastic, an abundant and juicy filling, with an exquisite sauce between two very subtle layers of dough. This dish along with the filling can be eaten by hand.
Try this recipe, trust me if you look for nutritional perspective or its appearance, it wins in either of the cases.