The Oats, What are They?
Oatmeal is made from oats and contains soluble fiber that helps us lower cholesterol and risk heart disease. Its high fiber content helps us to prolong the sensation of satiety and also increase our energy levels, thanks to its complex carbohydrates. Although many people usually take the hot oats that can also be taken cold and are a delicious dessert. Besides a box of oatmeal it has a long shelf life and is relatively inexpensive, so if you like these foods you are lucky, as it will help you control your weight and prevent accumulate extra kilos.
Oat Flour Properties:
Well, the super food we are talking about is oatmeal, which often has a bit of a bad reputation, is thought of as much as a mild breakfast for a nursing home. But the opposite, oatmeal is a great treasure behind which they hide great nutrients as essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Oatmeal is also very rich in fiber, especially in its comprehensive option, which has been shown to help regulate levels of blood cholesterol, improve digestion and metabolism. No doubt, it is very versatile, because of the great options it offers to be taken. Today we will learn an oatmeal raisin cookie recipe, which is a delicious vegan recipe that is done in the blink of an eye. You can make the best and easiest cookies you may have had ever tasted
Oatmeal raisin cookie recipe is healthy, good flavour and without excess ingredients like sugar, flour or eggs, these cookies are also a good gift for the holidays, why not? An excellent idea to prepare together with the boys and girls at home, making them part of the kitchen party. Let’s cook!
Here you have the recipe for authentic oatmeal raisin cookie recipe. If not, we will tell you. These cookies are a pleasure that will not make you feel so guilty. Cookies oatmeal raisin has everything to be achieved by a good biscuit: they are tender, soft in the middle, and go perfectly with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. Between the creamy butter and the touch of sweet cinnamon, there is a harmony of flavours. It’s one of the biscuits you could eat all year long.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe:
Following are the ingredients for the oatmeal raisin cookie recipe;
- 1 cup (230 g) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (200 g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50 g) white sugar
- 1.5 cup (190 g) wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups (250 g) cups of oats
- 1 cup (140 g) raisins
- Heat the oven to 175 ° C.
- With a blender, beat the butter, eggs, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Then we pour and mix the two sugars.
- In another medium bowl, put the dry ingredients (the flour, the salt, the yeast, and the cinnamon), and mix them. When they are mixed add the dry ingredients gradually to the liquids.
- Finally, put the oats and the raisins in the bowl and we mix everything with a spoon.
- Now take the dough with a spoon and we make balls of that size and deposit them on the tray of the oven. We leave them separated by 3 or 4 centimetres because they then expand as they cook, and so do not stick.
- Bake for about ten minutes until golden brown. We left them for about five minutes to cool down a little.
- The last step is to pour a glass of milk and enjoy this exquisite cookie! With oatmeal cookies with raisins explode your taste buds with happiness. You will not regret!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe without Sugar:
You can also make the cookies of oatmeal and raisins without sugar, these are delicious and super easy to make too.
- 150 gr of flour (if better whole)
- 150 gr of oat flakes (raw)
- 85 gr of light butter or margarine light
- 1 egg
- 15 grams of granulated stevia
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon yeast (baking powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A little bit of salt
- A handful of raisins
The truth is that they are very rich and are super healthy. If you do not like raisins, you can put anything else that you like to have stumbles, or just make them as is with the oats and that’s it. I hope you like these rich oatmeal cookies and raisins without sugar and show the recipe to your friends!
Melt the butter in the microwave or medium heat, and put it in a bowl along with the stevia. Mix really well.
Add egg, vanilla, oil and pinch of salt, and mix it to integrate everything.
Add the flour, oats and yeast, and knead until we have a homogeneous and consistent paste. We throw the raisins, and we knead until they are well distributed throughout the mass.
Cover the oven tray with kitchen paper and light the oven to 180 ° to warm up, and start playing. There are those who prefer to stretch the dough with a roll and a little more flour and cut the cookies, but I like more how it is done by hand.
Make balls with the dough, and we mold cookies of approximately 4cm in diameter. This is achieved by crushing the balls and perfecting and rounding the edges with the fingers.
Put the cookies on the kitchen paper, with a separation of at least two fingers between each cookie. Bake 15min to 180º.
The lat step is to let it cool, and that’s it! Well, the “let it cool” is a saying, because as soon as you took them out of the oven, they are usually very soft and can break. Let them cool and settle so that they are ready to eat. Enjoy!