Caramel Popcorn Recipe:
Caramel popcorn is an appetizer that both children and adults love. It is very easy to prepare and a very good way to sweeten your life. We will tell you how to make caramel popcorn today. There are many foods that we associate mentally with certain places or events, but I think there are few examples that are as universal as the popcorn. Its characteristic aroma and even simply its name make us think instantly of a movie theatre. Well, out of everything, we will teach you how to make caramel popcorn as it is very easy to make our own popcorn at home.
The popcorn in the house cannot be missed and more if they are made at home. Today the variety of popcorn to make in the micro is enormous, you find all the flavours, but the reality of things even though it is very comfortable to do and it is recommended to do them in the traditional way, maybe if it’s slower but it seems healthier to do them this way. Other times use the machine for corn. We will be depicting the method of how to make caramel popcorn. This popcorn is made with candy; it is a delicious sweet coverage that will make your popcorn a delight, which is perfect for rainy afternoons. Also, after the children and adults have tried the popcorn with caramel in the cinema or the circus, hardly they want to eat popcorn without candy. The verity is that the popcorn is very simple; everyone loves them and is ideal for making a sandwich for a movie night at home.
You can make any occasion more fun and festive if you add caramel popcorns to the mix. Or even you can make them red and green to celebrate Christmas, pastel colours for a baby shower or prepare a tasty sandwich to see the super bowl with the colours of your favourite team. Choose from the usual butter, caramel, fruit-flavored, or caramelized popcorn in any colour of the rainbow. So today we will show you how to make homemade sweet popcorn with direct candy, which is personally the easiest method, without dirtying and without investing too much time in the kitchen. This seems cool and it is very easy too, more than your thoughts.
Popcorn with Caramel:
While popcorn can be a healthy choice, since it is a whole grain full of fiber, the version with nothing is better for your figure than the caramelized version. Caramel is made from sugar and adds empty calories to your snack, providing no benefit in addition to flavour. It is for certain simply delicious, a version that you must try for sure. Trust me you will never regret making it.
How to Make Caramel Popcorn?
- 8 cups of air-based popcorn
- 1/2 cup coffee sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- First of all, it is important to prepare the popcorn. It is important that the popcorn is exploited using hot air without using butter, preferably.
- Having this ready you have to grease a tray that is deep and extend them very well.
- Bring to the oven preheated to 300 GF. And forget about them while you are making the candy it is worth mentioning that they do not worry because the candy time is short.
- In a thick and deep bottom pan add all ingredients except baking soda and vanilla.
- Bring to the fire and continue mixing the ingredients using a wooden spoon let it until it reaches the boiling point at that time put the thermometer and lower the temperature to a medium point in the same way without interrupting mixing and allow the thermometer to register a temperature of 180 (This will take approximately 4 minutes).
- As soon as it is registered the indicated temperature is attained, removes the frying pan from the fire and added to it immediately the vanilla and bicarbonate vigorously battled and you will see as it takes a foamy consistency.
- Remove the popcorn from the oven and pour over them the caramel makes this very carefully not to burn this could cause serious burns stir the caramel very well in the popcorn with the wooden spoon.
- Bake them in the oven and leave them for 15 minutes. After this time you will see how the popcorn took this beautiful colour after this time, mix them again very well and return them to the oven for 5 minutes more.
- Immediately must form the popcorn because if it does not fast the caramel will dry and you will not be able to give shape.
- Ready to stay put and put them on a grid to circulate the temperature of the caramel and cool faster or spread a sheet of waxed paper and put there.
- When they are done, immediately pack them depending on the event they are going to have, I hope that when they have an opportunity, they will realize that they are a mega success at the holidays.
An ounce of caramelized popcorn contains 122 calories. Approximately 90 of those calories come from carbohydrates, while about 27 come from fats. Only 4 calories come from protein. In comparison, an ounce of single, inflated popcorn contains 108 calories and a third of the fat from caramelized popcorn. Despite the addition of sugar, caramelized popcorn contains fewer calories than fried snacks such as French fries, which contain about 158 calories and almost 11 grams of fat per ounce.
The popcorn homemade corn is delicious freshly made, still slightly toasty. They are perfect for a home theatre evening, although they can also be enjoyed as a snack to share with friends or as an aperitif at any time of the day. They remain a caloric food but much healthier than if we chose a brand.