Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
What is a crock pot?
The crock pot is a pot, in which you can make all the same dishes that are made in pressure cookers, aluminized steel background, and so on. Keep in mind that:
- The heating of the pot should be progressive (diffuser can be used) and should cook with mild or moderate heat, never strong.
- Food should not be frozen or very cold.
- Cooking continues for a while after it is removed from the fire, so turn off the heat before the food is fully cooked.
Tips for a long life of a crock pot:-
- Never hit the pot while hot, carefully lift, remembering that the handles are also heated.
- If the pot is hot, rest it on a wooden board or a cloth, never on the cold marble of the counter.
- To stir, nothing better than a wooden spoon.
- Never put the pot out of the fire or oven; Let it cool or cool to do it. It can break or crack.
- If you use a pot for salty foods, always use it for salty foods. If it is used to make sweet things, it will always be used to make sweets.
What is pulled pork?
Pulled pork, usually is a shoulder cut (sometimes referred to mixed cuts), is commonly slow-cooked by a smoking method, though a non-barbecue method might also be employed using a slow cooker or in a domestic oven.
Today we will tell you how to make a crock pot pulled pork recipe. To make this recipe, the prime thing is that the meat needs to be fresh, and in truth, it is worth doing! Crock pot pulled pork recipe is simply delicious and easy. In addition, it is perfect for a party with friends, a picnic with the whole family, or for dinners or delicious informal meals accompanied by coleslaw or potato salad.
When did popular pulled pork become?
Well over a decade or so, it got popular. In an urban renaissance, there was more sense of roasting meat. Pulled pork turns out to be yummy when cooked in a crock pot. A crock pot has resurfaced in recent years and they are appearing to be healthier, as they offer slow cooking. The crock pot saves your time as all what you have to do is, throw your ingredients into it and leave them for cooking. When you come back home come back you find a ready meal. Pulled pork is good cuts of meat for use in crock pots.
Make a crock pot pulled pork recipe, and enjoy. Well, it is pretty much guaranteed to return home for a delicious, tender meal. A slow cooking pot, like a Crockpot, catches the natural moisture of the meat, and any additional liquid you pour into the pot during the cooking process, which eliminates the possibility of the meat being dried out.
Crock pot pulled pork recipe:-
For a crock pot pulled pork recipe you will need;
- A crock pot
- Medium saucepan
- Meat thermometer
- 2 to 3 lb. pulled pork
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- 32 oz of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp of soya sauce
- 2 tbsp of English sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup of black sugar
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of ground basil
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- Salt to taste
- And, pepper
- Place the pulled pork in the slow cooking pot and add pepper to the meat. Wait to salt it, as the cooking process could produce a salty enough flavour. Add the chicken stock and place the pot on low heat while you prepare your barbeque sauce.
- Meanwhile, wash and cut the onions, and put the onions in a saucepan. Add canola oil to the medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Sauté the onions in the oil, until it softens a little, but make sure that they do not caramelize.
- Next is to add the ketchup, soy sauce, English sauce and wine to the pan. After all the sauces are added to the pan, bring it to boil over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the black sugar stirring until it dissolves. Incorporate stirring the black sugar until it dissolves and then add the rest of the ingredients. Boil on low heat for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and let it rest cover until it is time to add it to the slow cooker. Add the sauce and cook for another 20 to 30 minutes.
If you want to keep your pork so that it can be cut into slices and not shredded, let it cook over low heat in the slow cooker for about six hours. Check the internal temperature of the meat to see when it reaches 140º or 145º F. Once that temperature has been reached, add the sauce and cook over low heat for another 20 to 30 minutes, or until the sauce starts to bubble and remove it from the fire. Crumble the pulled pork on a plate, if you find it difficult, do so in the pot.
Cook the pulled pork till the meat is well tender, well the fact is that the meat easily tenderizes as the food is cooked on a slow heat. Best is to cook the meat for six to eight hours on low heat, then try a fork to see if it crumbles easily. Once you start disassembling, use two forks to shred and add the sauce to cook for another half hour. Serve on a loaf or, for a healthier option, make rolls with roasted lettuce and enjoy the flavour of the meat.
If you find that shredding the pork in the pot is difficult, use tongs or a spatula to remove it from the pot and pass it to a large dish where you can crumble it. Then return it to the pot. Make and enjoy this dish, it is surely a feast.