Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
What is almond milk?
Almond milk is a vegetable drink that is obtained from the grounding of dried and peeled almonds, and the subsequent mixing of these with water. The verity is that it is an excellent drink to take in our day to day because of its high nutritional value, and how easy it is to digest it for our body since it contains no lactose or gluten. How do you make almond milk at home? We will tell you..It’s easy and simple.
Properties of almond milk:-
Here are some of the beneficial properties for people in almond milk:-
- It contains a high level of fiber, both soluble and insoluble, that protects the walls of the intestine, and helps regulate the absorption of sugars and cholesterol.
- As said before, it contains neither gluten nor lactose, so it is totally suitable for the lactose intolerant.
- It is very beneficial for the cardiovascular system since it lowers cholesterol and triglycerides.
- It is easy to digest and very useful when you have gastrointestinal problems.
- It is recommended for people with vomiting or diarrhea, because it is very rich in potassium, which is indispensable for the proper functioning of the organism, since it intervenes in a great diversity of functions.
- Almond milk is low in sodium, so it is advisable for those who must carry a diet low in sodium due to problems of hypertension or fluid retention.
- It has the high content of calcium and phosphorus that makes it recommendable for almost the entire population since these two minerals are indispensable in the growth phase of the body, pregnant women with minerals and people of advanced age helping them to combat osteoporosis.
Before getting to the actual point if how do you make almond milk at home, we must know what the nutritional information of this milk is. Almond milk is very suitable for both children and the elderly, population groups that frequently consume foods of high caloric value but that provide small proportions of amino acids.
Also, the almond is very rich in linoleic acid which is a precursor of arachidonic acid and therefore different series of eicosanoids, so it is important in the balance in both tissues and organs. Its deficit causes delayed growth, skin diseases and nerve disorders. Almond milk also provides a lot of oleic acids, which is most appropriate for maintaining an adequate ratio between HDL and LDL. According to a study on a population of 34,000 people on a low-fat vegetarian diet, it was concluded that people who ate more nuts had fewer heart diseases.
Nutritional information of almond milk:-
- It has a dietary fiber (4.8 g), insoluble fiber 85.7% and soluble fiber 14.3%.
- Minerals Calcium 200 mg, Phosphorus 220 mg, Potassium 200 mg, Magnesium 60 mg, Iron 5 mg, Sodium 38 mg.
- Vitamins Vit. At 210 IU, Vit. E 15.1 mg, Vit. B1 57 μg, Vit. B2 153 μg.
- Carbohydrates 60-62 g.
- Energy value 1,680 KJ (397,5 Kcal).
- Energy value / vessel 84.5 Kcal.
Benefits of almond milk:-
Many people can benefit from the properties of almond milk. Those who wish to lose weight regulate your cholesterol or people with gastritis; can include it in your daily diet. Almond milk has the same consistency as cow’s milk but has no gluten, no lactose, no cholesterol, and is rich in vitamins and minerals. Almond milk is one of the best foods to lose weight. In addition, it has no lactose and is rich in antioxidants and essential minerals like potassium and calcium. Because of its low cholesterol content, it’s delicious nut lavor and high vitamin content, it is an ideal substitute for cow’s milk and even has fewer calories than soy milk.
Properties of almond milk:-
Almond milk has a high content of vitamin E, which is a natural antioxidant that helps prevent cancer and slow the ageing process. Also, it provides vitamins D and A, protein, omega 6, zinc, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. It has a lot of qualities for which it is necessary to learn to how to make almond milk.
How do you make almond milk at home?
The preparation of almond milk is quite simple and takes no more than 10 minutes. All that is needed to make almond milk is water, almonds, cheesecloth, and a blender, making its simple preparation and a delicious product for both vegans and for those who want to change the flavor a bit. Making almond milk at home is extremely simple and easy. In addition, it becomes an excellent alternative for those suffering from allergy or lactose intolerance, since it only contains almonds and water, and provides us with an interesting amount of benefits and nutritional properties.
1 cup raw almonds (without salt or oil)
3 cups water
Steps to make almond milk:-
- Put raw almonds in a bowl of water, and let them soak overnight or at least 5 hours.
- After this time remove the water and rinse well the almonds, several times with clean and cold water.
- Put the almonds washed in a blender, add the 3 glasses of water and beat everything well until a paste is left.
- Now use a container, and on top of it place a fine mesh or cloth strainer, to strain the drink.
- Once it is poured, reserve the milk in sealed glass bottles and save the almond paste to make the sauce or to use in dishes.
Is almond milk fattening?
Almond milk is NOT fattening if taken in moderation, but you have to go with an eye because the vast majority of brands that distribute this drink in containers add sugar in exorbitant amounts. So I recommend always consume homemade almond milk: richer flavour, more nutritious and less caloric. So, it is sure by now that if someone asks you how do you make almond milk at home, so you are in a better state to tell them that how you make almond milk at your home.