If you have never tried a white chicken chili before, this recipe is for you! With a slightly more delicate flavour than traditional red chili, this dish uses lighter-coloured vegetables such as parsnips, corn, and yellow pepper to maintain its pale hue. This is a South American dish that has chillies that are mostly white. It also uses ingredients like peppers. These peppers have a smoky flavour but are not “hot.” If you do not have them substitute your favourite red chili or even the usual dried chili powder. The consistency this chicken chili is more of a soup.
It renews a combination of classic and delicious flavours. The basic recipe to prepare this dish gives us, as a result, a very tasty meal, although it lends itself to incorporate new ingredients and to experience a little at our whim. The chicken chili is a dish, which is very interesting because it has a combination of flavours that makes it special. On the one hand, we have beans and chicken and also has is that flavour that many enjoy. In these times of cold, this is a dish that is enjoyed quite by its consistency and served hot. So do you want to try this recipe, then wait, we will tell you the whole white chicken chili recipe step by step.
The white chili is not as famous as the red and this, we all know, but the fact is that white chili is equal or even richer to red chili. In addition, it is perfect for those who do not enjoy much of the beef and prefer a little chicken. Test it! White chicken chili recipe makes a delicious meal full of spicy chili flavour, chicken and white beans. You will love this easy white chicken chili recipe stovetop, slow cooker and freezer instructions are provided to make easily make this white chicken chili a favourite meal.
White chicken chili is fairly quick and easy to make, even on the busiest of weeknights. It is understood that many times we need to make a few dishes ahead of time for serving later or toss them into the slow cooker to make our lives even simpler! This recipe works beautifully for that! We have included the traditional stovetop instructions in the recipe, but have also included how to prepare this white chicken chili in the slow cooker.
White chicken chili recipe:-
- Processing Time | 45 minutes
- Difficulty | Easy
- People | 6
- 450g chicken breast, boneless cut into 1cm squares
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cans of chicken broth
- 115 gram of green chillies
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1/1 teaspoon pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices of cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup corn (can be frozen)
- 2 cans of cannellini beans, drained and washed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cilantro chopped, to decorate
- Grated cheese, to decorate
How to prepare white chicken chili:-
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a pot. Once the oil is hot, add chicken, spicy and chopped onion. Let the chicken cook for about 6 minutes, until it is no longer pink. Add the garlic and let it release its flavour for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, green chillies, cumin, pepper, oregano, coriander, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let the mixture boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted. Mix the corn and 1 can of beans. In a processor or blender, process 3/4 of the remaining can of beans with 1/4 cup of chicken stock until mashed, add this mixture to the soup along with the remaining 1/4 can of beans.
- Cook over low heat about 15 minutes more. Mix the fresh lemon juice and serve with grated cheese, chopped cilantro and tortilla chips to soak if you wish.
Slow cooker Instructions:-
1. Put everything except the optional ingredients in a slow cooker.
2. Cook low for 8-9 hours, or with high heat for 4-6 hours.
3. Serve with yogurt, sour cream, or cheese on top.
Or, Add chicken, chicken stock, garlic, onion, chillies, oregano, cumin, chilli powder, salt and pepper to a 6-quart slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours on low. Shred chicken with two forks and stir in white beans and fresh oregano and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve.
Rice cooker instructions:-
1. Combine all the rice and cook for 1 or 2 cycles, until the beans are as tender as you want.
- Prepare recipe as instructed and then ladle it into an airtight container. Use the containers or large Mason jars so that it doesn’t take up as much room in my refrigerator or freezer.
- Remove from freezer and place in the refrigerator to defrost the night before planning to serve. Then, either place in your slow cooker on low to allow the chilli to slowly warm throughout the day for serving for supper or pour into a large stockpot for reheating. Additionally, you can reheat in the microwave at 45-second intervals at about 80% power, stirring after each interval until heated throughout.
- Prepare recipe as instructed and allow cooling completely.
- Put it into a freezer-safe, sealable, airtight container(s) or freezer-safe zip top bags. Burp to remove as much air as possible.
- You can freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve, remove from freezer and place in the refrigerator to defrost the night before planning to serve. Then, either place in your slow cooker on low to allow the chilli to slowly warm throughout the day for serving for supper or pour into a large stockpot for reheating. Additionally, you can reheat in the microwave at 45-second intervals at about 80% power, stirring after each interval until heated throughout.
Portion size:- 1 Cup (cups)
Calories:- 303, Total fat: 2.4 g, Saturated fat: 0.5 g, Carbohydrates: 60 g, Protein: 15 g, Dietary fiber: 13.5 g, Sodium: 659 mg.